Job title: Midweight PHP Developer
Location: Aldgate East, London
As BRIGHTER IR continues to grow we are looking to add to the team with a mid-weight PHP developer with experience in front- and back-end web development.
Working with our designers and project management team, you will be responsible for the development of responsive corporate websites and microsites for our quoted company clients. You will also be involved in the ongoing support and maintenance process.
We often use popular Open Source technologies such as WordPress, and the ideal candidate will have a detailed understanding of modern coding practices, with a focus on user experience, clean code and cross browser compatibility.
- Writing code in one or more programming or scripting languages
- Planning and prototyping new clients’ websites
- Designing the architecture of the components of websites and applications
- Testing sites and applications in different browsers and environments
- Problem solving and fixing bugs in existing projects
- Running performance benchmarking tests
- Reviewing and contributing to a shared development framework
- Researching, incorporating and contributing to Open Source projects
- Meeting designers, developers and project staff for progress updates
- Learning and testing new technologies, frameworks and languages
- Staying up to date with new trends and advancements in web development
- Refactoring and optimising existing code
- Documenting code so other developers can understand and contribute to it
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core strengths:
- CSS3 / HTML5
- MySQL / MariaDB
- Experience with and ability to code your own WordPress themes and plugins
- Strong visual design sensibility
As a rapidly growing team working in a fast-paced environment it is important you can work in a logical and pragmatic manner and deliver under time pressures.
What we offer
In return we offer a competitive salary in a central location, a professional environment, flexible working hours and the opportunity to learn about the financial markets and the companies that operate within them.
You will work in an established but innovative organisation and get to be part of a fast-growing company which offers a challenge and a great opportunity to develop your skills.
You will also be able to expand your understanding of the financial markets and help us expand the services and products that we are able to offer. You will also be able to input into our own website and public presence.
If you believe you can add something to our organisation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.
Please state your contact details, availability and why you are interested in working for us.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted and candidates invited for interviews will be expected to provide references and/or pieces of sample work.